Project Engineer - Buildings - Staffordshire
Emily Mills is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer - Buildings to join an engineering solutions company at their site in Staffordshire on a full time permanent basis with a competitive salary on offer.
Our client specialises in engineering design, project management and technical consulting for clients in the food, brewing, drinks, life sciences and advanced technology sectors. They are a division of a global engineering & technical services organisation.
- Working as an effective member of a multi-disciplined project team supporting or leading the building and civil engineering discipline.
- Developing commercially focused innovative engineering solutions to solve complex client problems with responsibility for delivery from initial conception through to final handover.
- Management & coordination of building and civil engineering construction activities on site - taking responsibility for technical aspects of the project, including interface with other disciplines, design, scope, snagging.
- Committed to delivering project objectives within capital, time, quality and legislative parameters.
- Actively seek to gain experience in a wide arena of product types and within different FMCG sectors leading to senior engineer role and more autonomy.
- Provide consultative support to Clients to identify process improvements or changes to existing processes.
- Support Clients in Capex development process.
- Provide tailored engineering solutions incorporating an appropriate blend of innovation and practicality. Requirements for drawings will range from initial concepts through to as installed.
- Ensuring project deliverables are met - production of clear unambiguous engineering outputs including specifications and scope of work incorporating measurable performance requirements.
- Contractor Selection - carry out detailed tender analysis including commercial and technical evaluations.
- Project profitability - control of capital expenditure and contractor variations.
- Preparation and management of project programme in conjunction with the client/suppliers.
- Site Management - at the appropriate time in the project the engineers' duties will require them to be site based and carry out the management/coordination of contractors during the construction phase of the project.
- Compile and issue final documentation.
- Legislation - ensure project compliance with legal requirements including CDM, Building Regulations and Planning Consents.
- Carry out concept, feasibility and design studies to meet client's capex plans.
The right candidate will have the following skills:
- Degree educated in relevant discipline.
- Attained or working towards Chartered Engineer status.- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to travel internationally, as and when required.
- IT literate and proficient in the use of MS Office, MS Project and AUTOCAD .
Driving Licence & car owner (essential). Desirable:- Midlands based, living within a commutable distance of Burton office.
System design & project delivery experience from within the FMCG (brewing/food/drink/pharmaceutical) industry, advanced and renewable technologies.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Emily Mills on 01246 457710 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45836 in all correspondence.