Project Engineer - Dun Laoghaire, Dublin
CK Group is recruiting for a Project Engineer to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Dun Laoghaire on a 12 month contract basis.
Our client is one of the worlds leading manufacturers of biosimilar and biopharmaceutical products used in the treatment of a wide range of human healthcare conditions from cancer to arthritis. This company are a strong believer in helping patients by developing new treatments and taking them to market via their global network of specialist aseptic manufacturing, packaging and distribution sites.
This role is located on a state of the art manufacturing facility based in Dun Laoghaire and is a quick 30 minute drive away from the centre of Dublin, or 60 minutes drive from Dublin Airport. The site is easily commutable from Kildare or Wicklow by car and there is a good public transport network if you would prefer to live within Dublin itself. Dun Laoghaire is a vibrant cultural hub in south Dublin which is best known for its maritime history and locally caught sea food.
The Project Engineer within the Strategic Projects group and is responsible for the scoping and execution of projects supporting Drug Product manufacturing within the Formulation, Vial/Syringe Filling, Lyophilisation, Inspection, Component Preparation and Packaging areas. This includes implementation of maintenance programs associated with the introduction of new equipment.
- Project management and execution of assigned projects including project prioritization, resources management, status management and external communication.
- Working with various stakeholders, to scope the project and ensure the requirements are satisfied. Project input will span from concept, through design and on to construction, commissioning and operation
- Coordinating the introduction of new processes, equipment and materials including problem solving and troubleshooting equipment issues during start-up and qualification.
- Development and implementation of maintenance programs associated and spare parts inventory optimization with the introduction of new equipment.
- Ability to translate strategic opportunities and emerging technology solutions into tangible pragmatic executable plans
- Development and management of change controls
- Participate as a member of multidisciplinary site and multisite teams
- Development of detailed specifications, engineering documents, protocols and standard operating procedures
- Works in a collaborative manner within the Process Teams structure and contributes to investigations, Cross Functional Investigations etc.
- Works in a collaborative manner with the System Owners, Maintenance Supervisors & Technicians, Capital Project Engineers and Vendors to perform equipment upgrade and/or retrofits.
- Perform all tasks with due care and attention ensuring compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and company requirements, policies and procedures
- Support a safe working environment by complying with all pertinent environmental health/safety practice, rules and regulations
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical) or Relevant Experience
- Typically 4+ years engineering experience, preferably in the biotechnology/bio-processing industry
- Demonstrated experience in a GDP Compliant environment.
- Experience in MS Office, MS Project, Change Control & Document Management Systems
- Proven ability around working cross functionally, delivering technical solutions and identifying improvements.
- Solid leadership, technical writing, and communication/presentation skills
- Experience working in a self-managed work team, embracing an interdependent working culture that delivers results
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-moving environment
- Travel at various times may be required to support execution of projectsFor more information or to apply for this position, please contact Abbi on 01246 457708 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45883 in all correspondence.