Senior Electrical and Controls Engineer - Staffordshire
Emily Mills is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical and Controls Engineer to join an Engineering Solutions company at their site in Staffordshire on a full time permanent basis with a competitive salary on offer.
Our client specialises in engineering design, project management and technical consulting for clients in the food, brewing, drinks, life sciences and advanced technology sectors. They are a division of a global engineering & technical services organisation.
The Role: As a Senior Engineer in the Electrical and Control team you will develop commercially focused and innovative engineering solutions to solve complex client problems with responsibility for delivery from initial conception through to final handover.
Your main duties will be:
- Engineering Design - providing tailored solutions incorporating an appropriate blend of innovation, experience and practicality.
- Ensuring project deliverables are met - production of clear unambiguous engineering outputs including specifications and scope of work incorporating measurable performance requirements.
- Project profitability - control of capital expenditure and contractor variations for their engineering disciplines.
- Project completion - meeting programme dates agreed by them/their contractors.
- Legislation - ensure project compliance with legal requirements including BS7671 and the relevant amendments.
- Working as an individual or as an effective member of a multi-disciplined project team leading one or more of the engineering disciplines.
- Client relationships - develop a working relationship and adding value.
- Committed to delivering project objectives within capital, time, quality and legislative parameters.
The right candidate will have these skills:
- A degree/HNC/HND level qualification or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline with chartered status, or working towards chartered status.
- Automation background with experience of PLC & SCADA design.
- System Architecture design and configuration knowledge.
- Process Commissioning experience.
- Experience in Engineering specification and tender documentation preparation.
- A proven track record of Budget/cost control of projects.
- Knowledge of order placement & invoicing.
- Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) co-ordination and Sub-Contractor management/co-ordination experience.
- HV/LV Distribution systems and networks knowledge.
- Experience in Building Services - Lighting, Fire Alarms, Small Power.
- Experience in Food & beverage (hygienic environment) experience.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Emily Mills on 01246 457710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45195 in all correspondence.