Senior Material Engineer
CK Group is recruiting for a Senior Material Engineer to join a company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Blackpool on a contract basis for 6 months. The hourly rate for this role is up to £23.40 PAYE and up to £30.70 LTD company.The Company:
Our client has one of the world's most comprehensive portfolios of orthopaedic and neuro products and services for joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neuro, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.The Location:
Blackpool is a coastal resort on the Lancashire coast in North West England. The town is situated on the Irish Sea, 15 miles northwest of Preston, 27 miles north of Liverpool, 28 miles northwest of Bolton and 40 miles northwest of Manchester. Blackpool offers many attractions including Blackpool Tramway, Pleasure beach and Blackpool Tower. Blackpool can be reached via the M55 from the M6 and there are local bus services which run from Preston, Lancaster, Nelson, Southport and Fleetwood.
Reporting to the Materials Engineering Lead the Senior Materials Engineer will provide a lead role in the project & validation engineering of Materials Development projects. The job holder will lead the technological improvements and product transfers in conjunction with local Quality, Engineering, Operations and company R&D personnel ensuring timely communication to all stake holders to effect successful project completion. They will also be able to successfully move between validation, project and process functions effectively. This role involves providing technical leadership working with a cross functional team to develop and validate advanced manufacturing systems for the implementation of leading edge technologies and innovative processes to build excellence in equipment and computer system and process validation.
- Consolidation and validation of Project Plans and deliverables.
- Facilitate technical problem resolution through the application of best practice tools such as 8-D, DMAIC, etc.
- Define process outputs, transfer functions, process inputs. Understand sources of variation and inference spaces. Implement process characterization and input control to attain true process validation.
- Understand Validation, Process and Project engineering related to job function/projects and lead the Engineering Team through these areas effectively.
- Characterise product and process, including identification of CQA's and CPP's, performing DOE's to define relationship models, documenting design space, creation of control plan.
- Define Material Characterisation using advanced analytical techniques. Partner with key functions to understand test analysis and next specs.
- Ensure that all changes and activities conform to local and corporate, statutory, legislative and regulatory requirements for GMP, HSE and Quality.
- Ensure project changes are tracked and actioned appropriately. Implement Engineering Change Control throughout Design / Commissioning and Site Change Control during validation / production.
- Drive Validation /Verification strategies, authoring Master Validation Plans
- Create and maintain an environment of innovative continuous improvement, focusing on quality, cost reduction, process development and supply.
- Co-ordination of effective resourcing of projects and the management of individual performances to defined objectives.
- Support testing & sampling when necessary and required to ensure successfully project tasks completion.
- Communicate with key stakeholders when required.
Bachelor Degree level qualification in Science/Engineering or Equivalent. Masters in Engineering and/or Business Administration. Experience in a Technical Environment is essential. Experience in the areas of polymers, coatings, biomaterials. Experience in Material Characterisation (chemical/physical) and in advanced analytical techniques. Project Management experience. Track record in team leadership including strong mentoring & coaching skills demonstrated in a business environment. Strong communication, reporting and presentation skills.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Julie on 01438 723500 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46291 in all correspondence.