Senior Mechanical Fitter
George Truman at CK Technical is recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Fitter to join chemical manufacturing company at their site based in West Bromwich on a permanent basis.
Our client is a provider of products and technical services for the speciality/fine chemical intermediates, rubber accelerators and polymer chemicals and high impact aroma chemical sectors.
This role is located in West Bromwich. The site is easily commutable from Birmingham, Dudley and Wolverhampton.
Your main duties will be:
- Mechanical installations, modifications, preventative and reactive maintenance of the plant.
- Statutory inspections - pressure testing, plant integrity and commissioning work.
- Leading and mentoring the other mechanical fitters.
Further responsibilities will include:
- The use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- Working on equipment such as gearboxes, pumps, mechanical seals, pipework and other equipment as required.
- Tig and stick welding.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- At least 3 years experience as a mechanical fitter in a petro-chemical or heavy industry environment.
- A recognised mechanical apprenticeship and educated to ONC or City and Guilds level 3 (RQF level 3) in Mechanical Fitting/Engineering.
- Training with MEWP's, Abrasive wheels and Confined Spaces.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact George Truman on 01246 457736 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46999 in all correspondence.