Senior Packaging Engineer - Staffordshire
Emily Mills is currently recruiting for a Senior Packaging Engineer to join an Engineering Solutions company at their site in Staffordshire on a full time permanent basis with a competitive salary on offer.
Our client specialises in engineering design, project management and technical consulting for clients in the food, brewing, drinks, life sciences and advanced technology sectors. They are a division of a global engineering & technical services organisation.
The Role: As a Senior Packaging Engineer would be responsible for;
- Developing commercially focused innovative engineering solutions to solve complex client problems with responsibility for delivery from initial conception through to final handover.
- Working as an effective member of a multi-disciplined project team leading one or more of the engineering disciplines.
- Project ('Player') Manager of projects with a large bias in packaging systems.
- Committed to delivering project objectives within capital, time, quality and legislative parameters.
- Professional approach incorporating best practice and internally developed QA and design procedures.
Your main duties will be:
- Provide consultative support to Clients to identify process improvements or changes to existing processes.
- Support Clients in Capex development process.
- Provide tailored engineering solutions incorporating an appropriate blend of innovation and practicality. Requirements for drawings will range from initial concepts through to 'as-installed'.
- Ensuring project deliverables are met - production of clear unambiguous engineering outputs including specifications and scope of work incorporating measurable performance requirements.
- Equipment Supplier Selection - carry out detailed tender analysis including commercial and technical evaluations for required items of equipment.
- Expedite equipment - ensure equipment is manufactured to the correct standards in accordance with the required project programme key dates.· Site Management - at the appropriate time in the project the engineers duties will require them to be site based and carry out the management / coordination of suppliers during the installation / commissioning phase of the project.
- Performance trials - assist in carrying out performance trials for each individual item of equipment to ensure acceptance criteria identified within engineering specifications is achieved.
- QA - contribute to and work to Lorien CBA's / SOP's & client systems and procedures.
- Legislation - ensure project compliance with legal requirements including CDM, Machinery Directive & PUWER.
The right candidate will have these skills:
- Proficient in the use of Autocad & MS Project.
- System design and project delivery experience in one or more of the following sectors:-
- Snacks & Confectionery
- Fresh & Chilled
Understanding of line analysis and process improvement techniques. Desirable:
Degree educated in relevant discipline.
- Attained or working towards Chartered Engineer status.
- Midlands based; live within commuting distance of Burton office.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Emily Mills on 01246 457710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45213 in all correspondence.