Senior Project Engineer - Staffordshire
Emily Mills is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer to join an Engineering Solutions company at their site in Staffordshire on a full time permanent basis with a competitive salary on offer.
Our client specialises in engineering design, project management and technical consulting for clients in the food, brewing, drinks, life sciences and advanced technology sectors. They are a division of a global engineering & technical services organisation.
The Role: As a Senior Project Engineer would be responsible for;
- Manage the Implementation of innovative plant utility engineering projects to solve complex client problems with responsibility for delivery from initial conception through to installation, commissioning and final handover.
- Specify and procure utilities equipment such as, air compressors, boilers and utilities distribution pipework, pumps, valves etc.
- The candidate should be committed to delivering project objectives within capital, time, quality and legislative parameters.
- The candidate should have a self-sufficient professional approach incorporating best practice and internally developed QA and design procedures.
- Process design experience in areas such as P&ID's, utilisation calculations, mass & energy balances, pressure drop calcs, HAZOP useful but not essential.
Your main duties will be to:
- Supervise the development of detailed layouts and mechanical design from block flow diagrams and P&ID's generated by the process & utilities teams, and manage the interfaces with other work packages.
- Manage the procurement process, produce clear unambiguous engineering outputs including specifications and scope of work incorporating measurable performance requirements ensuring project deliverables are met.
- Manage the implementation of the project including the installation, commissioning and hand over.
- Manage project profitability and programme, control capital expenditure and contractor variations, meet programme dates agreed by them or their contractors. Control internal profitability through control of man hours.
- Contribute to and work to Internal/client quality assurance systems and design procedures.
- Ensure project compliance with current industry best practice and legal requirements including CDM Regulations.
- Assist in the development of the process/project team, including the mentoring of graduate engineers.
The right candidate will have these skills:
- Ideally degree educated in an engineering discipline with chartered status.
- Candidates with HNC/HND and relevant experience will be considered.
- Experience required in the hygienic process sectors (brewing/food/drink/pharmaceutical), in addition experience of effluent treatment, renewable technologies or energy efficient systems an advantage.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Emily Mills on 01246 457710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45214 in all correspondence.