Shift Plant Manager - West Bromwich
Emily Mills is recruiting for a Shift Plant Manager to join one of the UKs largest independent chemical manufacturers of speciality organic chemicals. This is a permanent position dependant upon experience, with a salary of circa £30,000 dependant on experience.
The Company: Our client one of the UK's largest independent manufacturers of speciality organic chemicals. They offer a wide range of custom manufactured intermediates on a commercial scale from kilograms to multi-tonnes.
Location: This role is in the West Midlands, and is easily commutable from main transport links.
The Role: Reporting to the Cell Manager, you will control the production for a specific group of chemical manufacturing plants.
- Ensure production and quality targets are met in a safe manner.
- Take actions to ensure that the processes operate to budget.
- Providing production advice, you will be actively involved in maintaining plant operating efficiency, safety and environmental standards.
- Responsible for effective staff allocation, training and discipline.
- You will ideally have a degree in Chemistry or Engineering, with some experience of line management in fine or pharmaceutical or polymer chemical manufacture.
- An understanding of essential engineering requirements of a chemical plant is desirable.
- Knowledge of quality and environmental management systems.
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment control systems and COSHH in a chemical manufacturing environment.
You will have a practical approach to problem solving and a good eye for detail, with the ability to work under pressure. IT literacy and commercial awareness are desirable skills.
For more information or to apply for this Shift Plant Manager role, please contact Emily Mills on 01246 457 710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45974 in all correspondence.