Shift Team Leader
Keir Betts at CK Group is recruiting for a Shift Team Leader to join a Renewable Energy company in the environmental management industry at their site based in East Sussex on a permanent.
Our client is the UK leader in environmental solutions. They offer services and expertise in waste, water and energy management helping to build a more sustainable future. As a global organisation, their work focuses on delivering simple but innovative solutions to preserving natural resources, reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
This role is located in East Sussex on the south coast and the site is easily commutable from Brighton and Eastbourne
The Shift Team Leader will be responsible for:· The safe and efficient operation of the shift
- Managing the day to day activities to ensure key performance indicators are being delivered
- Putting Health and Safety at the core of his leadership
- Ensuring compliance with all aspects of the site Environmental Permit.
- Operating and monitoring the plant from a Central Control Room and operate any ancillary equipment either remotely or in the field
- Supervising and directing technicians as appropriate and ensuring procedures are followed routinely and in emergency situations.
- Providing effective training to shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to complete their duties
- Communicating and reporting effectively
- Using a safe system of works and systems to ensure other members of staff and contractors can carry their works in a safe and effective manner
- Liaising with company staff to provide safe and relevant work planning during plant outage.
Please note that this role works on a rotating shift pattern that includes weekends and Public Holidays. You will also need to be prepared to provide shift rota cover as required, to ensure continuous operation of the Energy Recovery Facility.
- Experienced Engineer / Technician
- Understanding of current Environmental and Health and Safety issues
- IOSH managing safely certificate or equivalent
- Broad experience gained through shift working in a continuous process industry
- Supervisory experience
- Team player? Self-motivated
- Flexible and creative approach to leading
- Completed a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship / Training possessing ONC or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Experience in a Waste Industry Environment
- Eligible for Annual Performance Bonus - up to 15%
- The option to join the Pension Scheme
- Access to Rewards, benefits and discounts
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Keir Betts on 01246 457 737 or email kbetts@cktechnical. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46710 in all correspondence.