Process Engineer - Merseyside
Emily Mills is recruiting for a Process Engineer to join a company in the chemical industry at their site based in Merseyside on a permanent basis. The main purpose of the role will be to manage the activities of the engineering department on a daily basis to ensure all allocated works are performed efficiently.
Responsibilities for this role will include to:
- Produce costed outline project definitions and designs for discussion with senior management and appropriate contractors.
- Ensure that all new plant and equipment (including modification to existing plant) is designed to meet customer requirements (either internal or external) in a cost effective and efficient manner with due regard to current and future safety and legislative requirements.
- Review existing plant and equipment to ensure it meets engineering related legislative requirements, and liaise with identified competent contractor. e.g ATEX, Functional Safety, High & low voltage electrical systems, SCADA.
- Prepare capital expenditure (CAPEX) for submission.
- Take responsibility for “best value” plant procurement and contractor selection, taking into account both the initial purchase/installation costs and the on-going costs of the equipment (i.e. consider life-cycle costs).
- Manage and control construction activities on site, including contractor selection/control, permits, monitoring etc.
- Monitor project progress with respect to time and cost and report this information to the Managing Director/Board of Directors on a regular basis in an agreed format.
- Initiate and actively participate in HAZOP studies and provide a professional engineering input to them.
- Help with the training of plant operators during commissioning and pre-production hand-over phases.
- Troubleshoot plant problems/proactively suggest improvements to production methods to increase efficiency, reduce waste etc.
- Ensure engineering sub-contractors are competent to perform the tasks required of them and to constantly review their performance.
- Manage, on a day to day basis, any Process/Project engineers in the department.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A team player with the ability to motivate and manage effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively with personnel of all levels in the organisation.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions based on the information provided.
- Have a good knowledge of the company systems and procedures and be able to comply with them.
- Have experience in working in a top tier COMAH site.
- Understanding of regulatory compliance for a top tier COMAH site (ATEX, DSEAR, Ageing Plant, etc).
- Understanding of process and functional safety using HAZOP and LOPA techniques.
For more information or to apply for this position please contact Emily Mills on 01246 457710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Engineers is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44503 in all correspondence.