Emily Mills is recruiting for a Software Developer to join an independent world class manufacturer and supplier of diagnostic products for clinical, industrial and veterinary testing, on a permanent basis.
Our client has over 60 years experience at the fore front of medical expertise. Originally founded to manufacture antibiotic sensitivity test discs their product range has greatly expanded over the years, and they now supply a huge variety of customers in hospital, private clinical, public health and veterinary laboratories as well as blood banks, food and water testing facilities and pharmaceutical companies.
The Location: The role is based at our client's site in Bootle, Merseyside which is commutable from large areas of Liverpool and surrounds.
The Role: The Software Developer will assist in the development and production of instrument-based solutions. This will either be through the development of new instrumentation, or by the development of new applications based on existing platforms.
Responsibilities include to:
- Develop a variety of applications for platforms used to build and develop medical diagnostic instrumentation.
- Develop software analysis tools that utilise mathematical and other analytical methods to allow validation of both diagnostic test devices and the instrument in isolation or as a single entity.
- Design and develop front end user interface (GUI) for the instruments that is intuitive, easy to use and constructive adaptive interaction between the user and instruments.
- Develop software tools for validation of the instrument and it could then be transferred in the QC process.
- Maintain full documentation of software development, and to develop the software using best-practice techniques, maintains software integrity, allows for continuation of development of legacy systems and meets in vitro diagnostic device regulatory standards.
- Degree or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant qualification.
- Demonstrable ability in C/C++/C# programming in Windows platform.
- Good understanding of software development process and familiar in user interface design.
- Good understanding in Database/SQL.
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm-design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- At least 2 years of experience working in industry sector related to software development.
- Experience in developing and implementation of user interface systems.
- Proven experience in software writing in Windows platform.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Emily Mills on 01246 457710 or email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46451 in all correspondence.