Software Engineer - Oxford
Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Software Engineer to join an innovative medical device research organisation on a permanent basis at their site in Oxford.
The company: Our client are an innovative medical technology company who are involved in developing a medical device that is set to make a real impact to patients on a global scale. They are backed by some of the largest innovators in the world and operate out of two new state of the art development and manufacturing facilities in Oxford.
The role: The Software Engineer will be responsible for the design and implement algorithms and automation scripts to control the manipulation of droplets on the lab-on-a-chip devices. As well as coding, responsibilities will include the simulation and live testing of the lab-on-a-chip devices. The post-holder will work closely with the team developing fluidic protocols (assays) on the devices to capture requirements and de-bug the code for real world applications.
Your background: The Software Engineer should have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level at a leading university in a computer science, engineering or mathematics
- Experience coding in Python and embedded scripting languages (e.g. IronPython in .NET applications)
- Experience developing algorithms for instrumentation control, game development, computer vision applications or equivalent
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely with other members of a multi-disciplinary team· Ability to deliver to deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Experience in development of software products for scientific or medical instrumentation
- Hands-on practical experimental ability and familiarity with standard scientific laboratory techniques and equipment
The benefits: This role is offering a base salary of £30,000pa to £40,000pa depending on experience with an excellent benefits package.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Project Engineer position, please contact Alex Tosney on 01246 457718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference TC42782 in all correspondence.