Specialist Technical Writer
CK Group is recruiting for a Specialist Technical Writer to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Uxbridge on a contract basis for 12 months and has a hourly rate of £39.69 Ltd
Our client is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Our client has been a biotechnology pioneer since 1980. They have grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, reaching millions of patients around the world. Currently they are developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
This position is based in at their Uxbridge site, which opened in 2007. Uxbridge is located in the heart of the biopharma community west of London. It is ideally situated for easy access to all that central London has to offer. Uxbridge also boasts a significant and growing business population and is conveniently located just 15 minutes from Heathrow Airport.
Role will receive training on R&D structure, initiative/projects, R&D approach to controlled documentation, Quality processes (process mapping/modelling, leading/designing a process-based strategy, and controlled documentation templates and style).
Day to day responsibilities will vary by project and day and will include a combination of the following:
- Work independently to edit, format and/or write SOPs or User Manuals based on a process map or QC/revise existing documentation according to template/style guide
- Act as “scribe” writing documents according to template/style guide during meetings with subject matter experts
- Lead team of subject matter experts to facilitate discussion and review of process and documentation
- With time, experience, and demonstrated ability, role may serve as a project manager to lead “sub-projects” representing R&D Quality processes from beginning to end including generation of MS Project timeline, strategy for process documentation, oversight of process modelling, and oversight of documentation.
- MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and electronic document management repositories. MS Project and Visio experience preferred.
- At least 3 years prior experience specifically as a technical/business writer for writing controlled process documentation (eg, SOPs, user manuals) in the bio/pharma or medical device industry (other regulated environments may be considered)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills/writing skills; active listening skills; attention to detail. strong process/business writing skills
- Strong analytic/critical-thinking and decision making abilities
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple activities and priorities with minimal direction in a rapidly changing and demanding environment
- Prior experience leading cross-functional team/subject matter experts.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Lucy on 01246 457725 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47081 in all correspondence.