Supply Chain Manager (Medical Devices) - Southampton
Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager to join a medical device manufacturer on their site based in Southampton. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative company with an expanding product portfolio on a permanent basis. This role is offering a base salary of circa £65,000pa with an associated benefits package.
As a Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for managing a team of senior planners responsible for the delivery of operational supply chain activities to achieve desired customer service levels
- Provide operational leadership for the supply chain team, manage their performance and assure the personal development of the team
- Ensure robust and standardized planning processes exist and implement rigorous daily management routines. Make planning expertise a core competency for the supply chain using Logility as the primary planning tool
- Proactively prioritise activities to achieve agreed customer service targets and ensure there are clear metrics across all KPIs to manage performance with monthly reporting
- Champion a continuous improvement mind-set, systematically root causing issues and putting in place key actions and processes to avoid re-occurrence
- Build strong relationships with Operations teams to create a robust D&OP plan and effective packaging plans to deliver the required customer service and inventory levels across the European and RoW distribution network in the most efficient manner
- Foster collaborative relationships with Customers by adopting an End-to-End Supply Chain mind-set. Own the customer supply agenda by ensuring that supply chain joint value creation with customers is captured and commercialised.
- Maintain highly effective partnerships with Commercial and Customer Services reinforced by a monthly S&OP forum and Consensus Forecasting process
- Take a leadership role in Supplier Management activities, looking for opportunities to increase the flexibility and responsiveness of the supply chain
- Operate a highly effective Product Lifecycle Management process to support New Product launches and Product Discontinuations
- Maintain a rigorous data management process ensuring that high levels of data accuracy are achieved in supply chain and business systems (Logility, Oracle).
- Lead cross-functional projects as required and manage risk in the supply chain effectively.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Management or related field
- APICS (or equivalent) certification preferred
- Supply Chain Planning or related experience/education preferred.
- Team Leadership role in a growing/rapidly changing business
- Operational leadership role in Demand/Supply Planning (preferred) or Packaging/warehousing/distribution
- Experience/appreciation of a regulated industry, cGMP and ISO/Quality standards
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Alex Tosney on 01246 457718 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference TC41203 in all correspondence.