Technical Development Manager - Sheffield
Emily Mills is recruiting for a Technical Development Manager. This role has responsibility for the coordination and progression of research and development of new materials and product designs for the passive fire protection market. This is an exciting opportunity to join our client who operates worldwide and is committed to the design, manufacture, supply, installation and maintenance of passive smoke and fire containment solutions for almost 40 years.
This is a permanent position with a competitive salary on offer, based at our client's site in Sheffield.
Release to the group companies new, commercially viable, innovative passive fire protection products and solutions by developing new products via in house experimentation, working with external bodies eg academic institutions, industry bodies.
Ensure good health and safety practices are adhered to and actively encouraged when, for example conducting research, development and testing work.
- Work closely with the various business functions (eg engineering, sales), third parties (eg architects, consultants) and customers to understand their issues and needs relating to passive fire protection.
- Develop and have a strong understanding of the materials science associated with the relevant materials used for fire protection within the group and provide support for the businesses when required for example to assist with quality reviews and/or troubleshooting.
- Create and manage research and development projects through a methodical approach to experimentation and analysis.
- Provide support to the businesses regarding any coating and fabric matters including for example supplier audits, sourcing decisions, quality matters and testing.
To succeed in this role you will have the following: Essential:
HND/HNC or first degree qualified in a material science, technical or physical science discipline. Desirable:
Post graduate degree in a technical subject.
- Fire Engineering qualification.
- Health and safety qualification.
- Working in a R&D environment.
- Working with/developing:
- Heat insulation materials.
- Fire protection products/materials.
- Construction related products/materials.
- Working in a manufacturing business.
- Producing or processing of chemicals/materials.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Emily Mills on 01246 457710 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45902 in all correspondence.